Sunday, March 5, 2017

People in Vancouver

¡Hola!
I spend all day long at work drawing with a Cintiq so I usually go home and draw with traditional media. I normally use and mixed whatever I can to make it work.
This weekend I went back to an exercise that I really enjoy and got inspired a while ago by Marcelo Vignali and my good friend Brett Bean. I spot interesting people on the street and try to analyze them: I look for body shapes, cloth patterns and colors, props or whatever I can describe that person with and the most important I try to observe their mood or at least create a story behind them.
I then go back home and see what are the most iconic elements that are still on my mind and play with them.

For these I used Prismacolor and Copic markers, ink for the blacks parts and colour pencil to give accent to specific places. It is a really fun exercise plus I love getting out of the computer world.

Hope you like it!
¡Pura Vida!

If you want to see more please visit my website here: https://www.luisgadea.com/


No comments: